Friday, May 10, 2013

Staying

Well, it took a while for the doctors to come by yesterday. A lot was on the table but the decision came down to keep Jim until he gets a heart. They will increase his medicine every other day. They have increased it 4 times since last Thursday. He is now on room level oxygen. This helps him to feel some what better. He had a great recovery from the cath. No bleeding...YEAH! He is banged up pretty good from all the blood work they do and lines blowing out. He is going through a lot for us. The day of the cath marked the 250th day on the transplant list. Can't believe it but thankful to still have him here with me.
The kids and I were able to stay at a hotel the past few days to be close to him. He is able to have visitors but he is EXTREMELY tired. He wants to stay awake and talk and he will. But it will wear him out. I do encourage you to visit but try not to stay too long.

Once Jim moves to a more permanent room, I will give you his address. The highlight of his day is walking to the mailbox and getting cards. So I know he would be tickled to get them there.

I am sharing the pictures below for you to see our family have "BIBLE TIME." This is a daily time where we stop...no matter what and read God's word, sing together and pray together. I believe it is what helps us get through the bad times and appreciate all the good times. If you are not doing this, I strongly encourage you to start today. Most Christians walk around spiritually starving all week to fill up on Sunday...that has NEVER been God's plan. We are not perfect but we are trying to be complete with God.




Can you tell how tired the kids are? Wow...wish I could sleep that good.


Time with Daddy is so precious. The children act pretty good for the most part. Glad they get to love on him. He is such a good daddy.





I also wanted to share a beautiful gift I got. I absolutely love flowers and trees and planting. I had this blooming when me and the kids got home yesterday. I will continue to travel quite often to Birmingham. Please keep us in your prayers....daily prayers. Pray for God's will to be done.

Thanks to all who have helped cut the grass, clean our house, clean our laundry, feed us, run errands for us, given financial gifts, paid for our gas. God is so good all the time...in every place...at every time.

Thank you God for one more day.

3 comments:

  1. Thrilled to see those happy faces!! Love you all and praying hard! <3 Miss you all! ~The Hackney's ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having to use Austin's google account. ;) Love y'all! ~Kitty

      Delete
  2. WE are praying for you all. I love the pictures. Our girls look forward to devo. We do ours at bedtime it is encouraging to see the girls learning. Thanks again for sharing. Your family has encouraged so many of us. Always praying

    ReplyDelete