Sunday, May 5, 2013

Missing Him

It is Sunday...I am super tired. I miss my husband and best friend. He is not here to pop up and sing to us each morning.

Jim has been in the Cardiac Critical Care Unit since Thursday. He has been feeling rough for several weeks. He was put into UAB because the doctors thought he might have an infection. All the cultures at this time continue to come back negative. The doctors are concerned that his heart is just that much weaker.

He is not able to walk the halls at the hospital. He used to be called the marathon man because he would walk and walk and walk. Now he does two laps around his tiny floor and attempts to do a third...then he has to lay down immediately.

My heart feels like it is literally breaking inside me. I have able to see him each day but I am staying the night at home with the children. They are taking this hard. Friday night they both cried themselves to sleep.

Dr. Tallaj did a special blood test this morning and found out that his oxygen level coming from his heart is a 50...they want him to be a 70. They increased his IV meds and will see what happens from there. This med again is very beneficial but once you increase it...it takes time off your life expectancy. You can either suffer and live longer OR feel better and not live as long. This is the 4th time this medicine has been increased. So you can see that Jim's time is fleeting. Please pray for him and us as well.

I can't tell you how much your phone calls and hugs have meant. Thanks to the Harris family for helping with Cameron and for the wonderful breakfast. Thanks to Amy for taking care of Bella. Thanks to the Goodwin's for going to GA for us and for helping with Julianna. Thanks to Doyle for helping us with our yard. Thanks to the Nichols for the gas money. Thanks to the Simmons for the Sunshine box. Thanks to the McClures for the financial gifts. Our church family at Ironaton and the Murrells for all their help. I know I have left some of you out but this is what my tired mind can think of right now.

God is good...all the time...in every place.

Thank you God for one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment