Monday, May 13, 2013

I am going

Yesterday was extremely hard. I felt like I was in a fog all day. I knew I was tired but every song, every prayer was so great and I hated that Jim was not there to share it with me. As many of you know, Jim has only missed church over the past 6 1/2 years when he was in the hospital. No matter how bad he felt he was going. One time, he left the ER at 2 am in the morning and preached at the morning service. One Wednesday night, he turned completely gray because his heart was going into v-tach and he still went to church. I was feeling a deep void with him not by my side.

I was able to get a much needed nap yesterday after morning services. Then we went to Piedmont church of Christ where Jeff and Meghan Stacy labor. I got to meet their "Little Bit" who was more than precious. (Romans 12:15) The name is certainly fitting expect for that BIG beautiful smile that she shines. They had a great pew packers at 4:30 and services at 5. The singing was amazing. I usually don't get to hear singing like that unless I am at Diana.
I got a text after services that Jim was moved to HTICU. The doctors want to watch him more closely. This is the Heart Transplant ICU. He is not getting a heart but the nurses and doctors come around more often and can check on him. Lord willing, he will get a heart soon.
So I told the kids we are going. I could see in Julianna's eyes that we needed to go. I felt it in my heart. It took us almost 2 hours to drive from Piedmont to Birmingham. The children were outstanding. I thank God for how good they are.
When we arrived we quickly grabbed a sandwich and went to his room. He was watching for us. We hugged and kissed on him. It is so good to see him and touch him and even to smell him. I know...I am weird. We sat and talked and cuddled. We didn't want to leave but around 10:30 pm we did. We made it home safe again. PRAISE GOD!
I let the children sleep in a little today and then took them to school. Only 8 more days of school. We can do it.
I want to thank all those who continue to help us with gas money, medical expenses and other gifts:
     Tom Musick
     Dean Gallahar
     Ralph Braswell
     The Waco church of Christ (gift basket and box pictured)

Thank you to all those who are praying for us. It really, really means so much to us. That is by far the best thing for us. God cares and He will provide. Isa. 49:15-16


Jim's new address. If you have already mailed your cards. It will get there.
UAB Hospital
James Murrell HTICU P518
619 19th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35249-0018

Thank you God for one more day.






No comments:

Post a Comment