Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Rough Days...Still Counting Blessings

Jim got to go outside for the first time in 16 days. He got permission to go 2 floors down to a courtyard. He is able to go when someone is with him. He loved it. He just stared at the sun and clouds and watched all the people going about their day. It was such a blessing.

Since Thursday, Jim has been fighting dehydration. His fluid intake is limited to help keep his medicines balanced, but in the mean time it is making him feel rough. His heart rate has been in the upper 90s and 100s when he is lying in bed. This has caused him to have trouble resting especially at night. He continues to have low blood pressure off and on which makes him feel bad. When Jim feels good he gets up and takes a shower and walks a good bit. He hasn't been able to do that everyday.

Jim's room is suddenly filling up with cards. The doctors will come to check on him and spend time reading all the cards. They especially love the ones from Cameron's class at school and the ones from the children at Philadelphia church of Christ. Jim grins from ear to ear every time the mail arrives. The nurses are picking at him saying he has a fan club. Thanks to all those who have sent cards and continue to do so. Please don't lose hope. Jim appreciates you get well wishes and is positive that God is working some great things out for him.

The kids and I are trying to get adjusted to life at the house without him. I cooked pancakes for the first time in forever. Jim always did that. I cleaned the fish bowl. Jim always did that. I have food to grill but Jim has always done that. So for now, no grilling. I might get the courage to do it one day. We have a gas grill and I am afraid I will blow up the house or something.

This is going to be a hard week. Cameron has awards day today. Julianna graduates 5th grade. The children keep asking me if I am going to be there and I say "Of course!" I know they are so sad that their daddy can't be there to celebrate with them. We are trying to do Face Time at the school. I will see if it works.


Jim and Coconut
Jim and His new buddy, Coconut
Reading Jason Adams card.













Made a wish for daddy.
I am mindful of all the parents who lost their children due to the recent tornadoes and even in the Newtown shooting. I am thankful that God has provided protection for my children. He has blessed them with health. He has given them loving parents who care for them no matter where we may be. Thank you God for allowing us to see our children grow. Help us to mold them in the truths of Your Word.

Jim is receiving visitors. We ask that you please plan on staying 15 minutes or less. He gets wore out by just talking. No...he doesn't look bad. He will try to entertain and talk and talk. Please do your best to stay 15 minutes or less. This way he can rest. His heart is having to work extra hard to do the little bit it can. We thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.


I did it Jim!



The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

The sun WILL come out baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment