Monday, February 15, 2010

A Snow Day???


Well, we had a wonderful surprise on Friday. We got snow in Philadelphia, MS. What a beautiful sight it was. The children got to run and play. Jim came outside and helped make a snowman. I threw snowball after snowball. It was like we were a normal family. Jim had to take a break after only a few minutes and I was reminded once again of how weak he is. I ran and played with the children and even our neighbor, Rick, had fun throwing snowballs. Jim just sat there and watched us run around. I know that he wishes with all his might that he could do that. He has always been a hands on dad. He changed diapers, played in the floor, bathed the children, read a story and everything in between. For the rest of the day he felt terrible. He got to looking so bad one time that I knew we were going to be headed to the hospital soon.

Saturday, the snow melted and our regular routine kicked in. Jim went to the church building for an hour or so. He wanted to print some meeting flyers and look over his sermon. I know it means a lot to him when he feels like getting out and he is able to do some things in the church office. He still felt really bad. When he returned home, he frightened me. He was so weak and so grey. I know I looked scared. Julianna even looked at Jim and said “Daddy, you don’t look so good.” We put in a Hallmark movie and rested for a while. Jim rested for the rest of the day.

Sunday, Jim felt worse. He was grey and very pale and ice cold all at the same time.  I don’t know how he made it to church. I was begging him to take it easy. He decided to preach anyway. He struggled the whole time. I could see him trying to make sense of what he was saying. I think over all he did a great job. Several people made comments that they could see him struggling and they could tell he felt terrible. At the end of the sermon, he stood by the second pew and then he sat down kind of suddenly. I was in the back with Cameron because he always has to go to the bathroom when Jim preaches. I wanted to run up there and check on him but I thought people might get scared.

We made it home and he rested until time to go that night. He told me that he would only speak about 5 to 10 minutes. If you know Jim, you know that he is long winded even with his failing health. Well, he finished about 25 minutes later. He made it through. I don’t know how he does it but I know that he encourages me every day. His spirit tells his body what he will do. I thank God that I am married to such a man. I pray that God will allow Jim to receive a new heart that he may continue to preach with the same enthusiasm and commitment that he has. He helps me in my daily walk.
Thank you all for your continued prayers, support, and those of you that have called. It has been good to hear from some many. We love you all for your encouragement and promise to you all that we will ever strive to set the proper example as we continue to ride through this storm. We know this will pass and the sun will shine upon us once more. I GIVE GLORY TO YOUR NAME OH LORD….GLORY TO YOUR NAME>>>>>THERE IS VICTORY IN JESUS>>>>THIS BATTLE BELONGS TO THE LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment