Monday, February 22, 2010

A Family Day Out

Monday was a good day. The children were out of school and I had to teach. I tried to find someone to help with the children but nothing worked out. I prayed and prayed all the way to school that the children would be on their best behavior until I returned home. Tuesday and Wednesday Jim felt terrible. I talked to the Transplant coordinator which stated that Jim’s vitamin D was low. She called in 50,000 IU of Vitamin D to take. He will have to take this for six weeks and then take a different dose every day and have his level retested in May. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were good days. He walked for a few minutes each day. The weather was warmer and it didn’t rain. He sat outside and studied and just enjoyed being outside for a change. We went to Bonita Lakes Saturday. The children feed the ducks and then we watched them play on the playground for over an hour. It was so nice to be able to get out and for Jim to have a little strength to do things. The children sure did enjoy playing. It was a wonderful day. The stress seemed to vanish away. Sunday, we awoke with Jim feeling bad. He tried to preach but he struggled the whole time. He stated that he could see spots and he was so cold even before he sat down for Bible class. We came home and he slept for a while. We had pew packers and the children did great. Jim was not able to preach, so the congregation watched a video about having Faith for Life. It was really good. I think we all can apply the material presented and make changes. I wasn’t feeling good at all, all day. Cameron woke up early in the morning very sick and I had chills all through the night. I was unable to go to school. I had to take Cameron to the doctor. Jim is not able to do that because of the risks of picking up something that could set him back. Cameron ended up having an ear infection, upper respiratory infection and a virus. Dr. Massingill stated that I had that as well and to be careful that Jim doesn’t get it. It is contagious and you will run fever for 2 to 4 days. The cards and encouragement keep coming in. I am so thankful for all of it. It brightens Jim’s day. He loves to get a card each day. For a while he has received at least one a day if not more. We now have over 180 cards. Thank you all for your support, love, and most of all for your prayers. I am soooo tired and achy. So I will get the children ready for bed and Lord willing me and Cameron will feel better tomorrow. “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair” (2 Cor. 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment