Thursday, February 27, 2014

You Prayed For Me

Where do I start? How did I end up like I am...determined to live for God. No I am not better than you. Someone prayed for me, that is why I am determined to serve God everyday, every moment. From my earliest memories (which many where erased due to becoming sick 10 years ago) I remember my mother telling me that she prayed for me, my sister and my brother. She would tell us how she prayed over and over, day after day. What an amazing memory to have. A mother taking time to praise and petition God for her children. In all honesty, I can't remember my dad ever praying except for when it was time to eat. I wonder if he prayed for us so fervently?
We as children were not really taught how to pray unless is was by one of our Bible class teachers. I see several of them from time to time. My precious teachers from Oxford church of Christ. You prayed for me. You prayed that all those little ones that you taught would grow up to love the Lord and serve Him all their days. Thank you. 
Throughout my life someone from time to time has told me that they were praying for me. They were begging God on my behalf to help me in some way. That is the best gift anyone could ever give to someone. Going before the throne of God, the Creator and Designer, and laying your requests at His feet. What a humbling thought. 
Please continue praying for me. I am a work in progress. I need to be transformed daily to what God would have me to be (Romans 12:2). Thank you to my mother for planting the first seeds of the good news in my heart. You made my life what it is today. You planted seeds of love and pure joy, that no matter what I can be an overcomer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment