Friday, September 13, 2013

Thinking of Tate Williams & Allie Brewer

Not too long ago, I attended a memorial service for a young preacher, Tate Williams. I know I met him in passing at one time or another but I didn't really know KNOW him. He was one that loved the Lord, the church and his family. At the age of 18 he knew more Bible than most elderly members of the church. He had a passion...a drive that makes me ponder him on a daily basis. How can I raise my children to know and love the Lord like he did. How can I be like him?
Tate changed my life. He changed the way I am as a Christian, a wife and a mother. His favorite verse plays over and over in my head.
Today I walked through the local cemetery. I visited my grandmother's grave and my great grandparents graves. I also visited Allie's grave. I saw people who lived over the age of 100 and like Allie those who didn't see a year.
So many ask why? I thought about that as I walked around and then it came to me when I knelt down to rub the grass off of Allie's marker. Each day is a gift. Each day we can either realize how blessed we are or focus on what we don't have. Tate and Allie in their short lives touched so many. Allie had an infectious smile. She was brave and gentle. I got to hold her on one occasion and I was deeply honored. She was an angel among us.
Doesn't life all boil down to GRATITUDE? God has blessed us with everything. He has blessed us with today. He has blessed us with this moment.
As time passes, we will continue to be tested and put to the fire. For me, I think of Tate and little Allie and I am thankful for right here and right now. I know I will see them both very soon.

John 9:4 I must WORK the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when NO man can work.

T - taking  A - action  T - today  for E - eternity  Thank you to the Brewer and Williams families.



No comments:

Post a Comment