Friday, September 27, 2013

AWESOME...That is all I can say

This past week has been extremely busy. Jim went out of town early Saturday morning to preach a gospel meeting in Valdosta, Georgia. The Mount Pleasant church of Christ has a new preacher and eager members. Jim was highly impressed with all the workers and how well they attended the meeting. He came home several pounds heavier, so he definitely was taken care of. I want to thank David Bowers for driving him down there and back. He could not have preached without your willingness to be a servant. You helped him to reserve his strength and gave his company as well.

Jim celebrated 18 weeks with his new heart. His appetite has come back and his strength is coming back. Thank you, thank you for all the prayers. James 5:16

I had the children all by myself. If it were not for Brandi Hayes I would have been extremely late to work. Thank you Brandi for being my hero.

The children were good after I didn't spare the rod several times. You can't run over this mama. I mean what I say. I got a cold/sinus stuff Saturday and I am still working on getting rid of it. My classes are going good. I feel like I am really connecting with several of my students.

Yesterday, we were able to attend the adoption of Elijah Embry Stacy. We have been good friends with Jeff and Meghan Stacy for years. Our friendship has only grown closer and sweeter with time. They are some of the best people in the world. They truly love the Lord and are willing to forgo relationships to stand on the Lord's side. They love the church and will be firm when others get weak. They are so in love with each other and their son. They are two of the most thankful people you will ever meet. Jim and I treasure their friendship and respect them for their steadfast love of the Lord.

If you know me, I was trying not to cry the whole time. Then I lost it. I am so humbled by being there and I pray that Elijah will always realize how much he is truly loved. To read more about their struggles from infertility to living in an ongoing renovated home visit http://thestacychronicles.wordpress.com/

God help me to be thankful and work 'til Jesus comes. You are so good to us. Help us to be good to You. Lamentations 3:25





No comments:

Post a Comment