Monday, July 15, 2013

Anniversaries

People celebrate anniversaries of all sorts. People celebrate their marriages, maybe when they brought their first home, when he got his first sets of wheels or the first time she ever got to shave her legs...haha!
For me I celebrate various milestones through the year. The little things and the big ones. Every year I am thankful to be married to my high school sweetheart. Every year I celebrate having my van that has been paid for for years now. Every year I celebrate when we moved into our house. We usually take pictures or have a special meal or a special prayer of thanksgiving is offered up at that time. 
Every Thursday is now a special anniversary...on July the 18th, Jim will have had his new heart for 8 weeks...that is two months...56 days...is it real? I am still trying to take it all in. 
We are so thankful. We continue to offer our thanks and pray for the donor family each night during our Bible Time. Without it, Jim would not be here with me. He was so close to slipping away into eternity. I know all to well that that would have been a much better and sweeter place to be. God through His infinite wisdom has plans for our family. Special plans for Jim. I try to treasure each day. Though I am not doing a very good job at it. 
I have cut grass...I am cleaning out closets and rooms. I feel so ashamed to have so much stuff. Life truly is not made up of things but of the precious memories we create with each other. What a world it would be if we all lived within our paychecks and did without all the "necessities" of life. I believe we would all suddenly realize how blessed we are to be able to go to church and worship the True and Living God. I believe children would act better and they would want less. I believe parents would love their children more and would sleep better knowing that life is better when it is simple. 
If you think about it each day is an anniversary. Each day is a reason to celebrate. If you can breath you can Praise God! If you can open your eyes then you can see His marvelous creation. You are one of His greatest creations. If you can hear then whisper a pray of thanks for what you have before you. Do you hear the rain dance upon your roof or the laughter of good friends? If you can smell then is there a rose bush blooming or a tall pine tree nearby...sniff it up. If you can feel, then hug someone...hold their hand...pat someone on the back. God gave you that sense for a reason.
I celebrated a very special anniversary Sunday. I will share it with you soon. Keep on praying and believing. Don't put limits on God.
Thank you God for one more day with my "preacher man!"

No comments:

Post a Comment