Friday, April 16, 2010

The Evans' Visit


It has been two weeks since our last doctor’s appointment and Jim’s fatigue has only gotten worse. I called the nurse earlier this week and told her what was going on. She called back and asked for blood pressure readings, heart rates, body weight and all that has been consistent. She called back and asked Jim to take a Chemistry test. He stated that he didn’t pass Physical Science in school, why would he want to take a Chemistry test. (HaHa). He went to the doctor and got his blood work done. We have not gotten any results.

He got really weak throughout the day yesterday. We went fishing. He has become more interested in fishing here lately. The place we go is so quiet and relaxing. I know he does a lot of good thinking out there. He pulled in a huge one and got three more. I caught 10 myself but only 6 were big enough to eat. We had a good time just the two of us. He had to rest more than he ever has yesterday. It seems as though he is continually getting weaker. I constantly see him leaning on walls or sitting down more, he has changed. It worries me. I know he pushes himself so much. He tries so hard to be “normal.”

Last week, we had a wonderful surprise, Randall and Cammie Evans came to visit. Randall and Jim talked like two old ladies. It was hard to get them apart from one another. I know when you get preachers together they have a lot to talk about but these two impressed me. Cammie out did herself. She cooked, cleaned and listened. She froze some meals for us. What a HUGE help. She cooked and cooked and then when you went to the kitchen it was spotless. What an amazing friend. Marshall and Arielle, their children, were great friends to our children. They played for hours and hours. Cameron still asks everyday if his friends are coming over. I try to explain that they live in Kentucky. Arielle and Marshall brought a special gift to Jim. They brought money from their piggy banks. This is to help with the cost of a heart transplant. Together it totaled a little over $7.00. What a statement. It touched Jim deeply. I know why Jesus asked us to be like little children. It truly moved us.

We continue to have numerous cards, phone calls, emails, visits and donations made. Words cannot describe how truly blessed we feel. We continue to press on and know that God is making a way for us. I thank God for MSOP who made me understand that song we always sang. I have learned so much through this process, I pray to God that we will continue to praise Him and give Him all the glory He deserves. I am humbled when I study the Bible and see how so many have had victory when they stay faithful to Him. It is our fervent desire to ever serve the Lord and be faithful to all His commands. Thank you to all who continue to lift our names up before the Eternal Creator and Almighty Father. Only He can sustain us. Thank you God!

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."  (Psalm 55:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment