Thursday, April 29, 2010

Our Financial Situation


Last week was a really hard week. Jim felt really bad all week. He slept a lot more. He slept nearly all day Tuesday and Wednesday. He has a cough that he cannot get rid of. He coughs so hard at times that he will turn grey and lose his breath. I had a flare up on Tuesday. It took me a couple of days to feel like myself again. We called Jim’s doctors and they adjusted his medicine. Then I called back when he didn’t get any better. That was on a Friday and they called me back on a Tuesday. Then they didn’t even act like they were supposed to call me back when they told me they would. Frustrating…but I am trying to be long-suffering.

Jim did great on Sunday. He got fired up…it’s an inside story. It was good to see him deliver a sermon so good. He really put everything he had in it. I wish he could preach like that all the time but I know that he doesn’t have much strength at all..

This week started off better. His fatigue continues to increase. He will try to do a little and then he has to rest. He takes a lot of naps and has to sit or lean on something almost all the time now. I finished my next to last week at school. I am so excited about this semester coming to an end. I love my students but we all need a break. Then when everything seems to be going good our freezer died, the car battery died, Glynn Cook who cuts our grass broke his lawnmower in our yard and then I hit the basketball goal when I was taking the children to school. Most of this happened in a matter of a few hours. You just have to be thankful that it didn’t hang around long.

We know that many have been asking questions about our financial situation and the insurance dilemma. We got the final word Wednesday afternoon that we will lose Jim’s insurance in June and he will not be able to get on Medicare until April/May 2012. In order for him to be put on the transplant list we would have to raise a little over $700,000 and then be able to prove that we could pay for the medications until Medicare kicked in (about $3000 a month). We have been against so many walls that we know things will work out some way. Brethren continue to be generous and donate funds to help us.

We have resolved ourselves to the fact that a transplant may not ever be in our future. We have decided to make the best of the time we have left. We will travel this summer to see family and friends if he is able. I want to do everything I can to help him enjoy his life. I don’t want to hold him back. It is hard for me because I don’t want him to push himself. If I were in his shoes, I would probably say…Fill up the gas tank…let’s see some new places like Alaska, Hawaii....etc.  Jim plans to preach in Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama and Florida this summer. I pray that he will be able to do that. The only thing he looks forward to and receives pleasure from is preaching the truth. He continues to be a diligent student of the Bible and longs to help himself and others understand the Word more perfectly. I admire him for not giving up. His body says stop but his spirit continues on.

Jim continues to get cards, phone calls and emails. These encourage both of us so much. We are truly thankful. You have been so faithful to pray for us. May God bless you all that diligently serve Him. May your efforts return to you in a multitude of blessings.

Genesis 22--------God Will Provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment