Friday, January 29, 2010

First Transplant Evaluation


I just wanted to update everyone. Jim has been sleeping more and more. His fatigue has increased even more. I thought he might get a little stronger as the days passed since his cath. I know when you are put to sleep for any kind of procedure it takes you a day or two to get over it. It has been a week today since they told us his heart is extremely weak. I feel like I am in a daze. I know that things are happening and going on but I feel like I am in slow motion trying to take it all in.

Since our social evaluation for transplant, Jim has been busy with calling Senators, Congressmen, Governor’s wife (Mrs. Barbour), Head of Social Security, Head of Medicare, anybody that might help us expedite the process to get Medicare. This will allow Jim to get the transplant he so desperately needs.

We have received numerous phone calls, emails, and cards of encouragement. This means a great deal to the both of us. I cannot imagine anyone facing what we have through the years and not having the Lord and his church on their side. We are so grateful for all that have reached out to us. Many may shy away because frankly they don’t know what to say or do. To you PRAY….Going before God Almighty at your desk at work, in your car, or while you are in your easy chair is a wonderful thing to do. Whenever you are going through tough times, the little things are what really mean the most. Of course, who can categorize when you need all the help you can get at times. (By the way, prayer is not a little thing, it is HUGE)

The children have had a good week. They have been extremely tired. Julianna has been talking to a wonderful lady named Leann Rush (counselor at school). She has been through a lot herself. This is helping Julianna deal with the fears and anxieties that she has. She often questions me about what happens to you when you die or will daddy get better. This morning she asked about death on the way to school. She said “Did Jesus really die and when we die what will happen?” I went through the scriptures in the car on the way to school about how Jesus did die for us and how through Him we have victory over death. I told her when you die, it is a lot like going to sleep, If you have been obedient to God and faithful you will be in paradise, if not you will be in torment. I told her that I don’t cry sometimes because I know that no matter what happens to daddy that he will be okay. He has been obedient to God and he strives every day to be faithful to God in every way. I told her that if I remain faithful, I will see him again. I will get to live in eternity with him. That comforts me and frees me from a lot of my fears. It was so powerful when she looked at me and said okay. She had the look like, your right mom, no matter what daddy will be taken care of and we will see him again.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement. You have made our burdens lighter. TO GOD BE THE GLORY-----OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD----GOD WILL PROVIDE---------Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment