Saturday, August 11, 2012

Things Friends Say

God gave us two good Samaritans today. Dad and I went downtown going to eat lunch and bring lunch to a dear couple who are in the hospital. I have known Jennifer Cobb Murrell since I was 11 and her husband Jim has heart failure. While we were trying to get me into the car from the wheelchair, a very nice man pulled up beside us to block cars from hitting us while I got into the car since we had to park on the street. Also, dad dropped several 20's while he was paying for our parking at the hospital and a lovely gentleman returned the money to us, dad had no idea he had dropped it. I have to say Jim and Jennifer Murrell's faith inspires me so much. Jennifer has battled illness of her own, often causing her to have to be in a wheelchair, and Jim has known he needs a heart transplant for most of his whole life. They both have an unwavering faith that Jim will receive a heart and that God will take care of him. The faith they have really strengthens me when I start to feel bad about my situation. Jim, although in the hospital now, is determined to be with us at our church to preach this Sunday, a commitment he made before he had to go to the hospital. Please if you are so inclined; please join me in praying for this family the Murrell's: Jim and Jennifer and their two kids Julianna and Cameron. 8/14/2012 Missy Hopkins Gilliam
 
My heart goes out to my buddy Jim Murrell and his beautiful family. Jim is in need of a heart transplant. Please help me in asking for a miracle, stroke of luck or answered prayer (whatever your faith or beliefs allow). Jim is a great man and the world still needs him. Timothy Taylor 8/11/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment